Re: i don't think i can sell this...

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Aug 11 03:46:25 1995

>Ok, so how much is internic.net worth? Do I hear $50,000? ;)

Sorry, I wasn't going to comment, until this...

I wondered about this too, since I couldn't find a trade mark
registration for InterNIC.  Turns out AT&T (the quiet half of the
InterNIC) registered the *service mark* InterNIC.  Network Solutions
registered the domain name internic.net (with themselves?).  Is it
possible to design a more complex system?

Supposedly AT&T is negotiating with the National Science Foundation
over the service mark "InterNIC."  One plan is for AT&T to assign the
mark to NSF.  Whether this would prevent future squabbling over the
mark "InterNIC," I don't know.  Personally, I'm not sure who's
lawyers would scare me more in court.  The United States, or Ma Bell?

Before you can sell internic.net, first you have to figure out who
it belongs too.  If you don't believe me, I have a bridge in Brooklyn
for sale.

I'll go back to lurking now.