route flap reports work now

  • From: Curtis Villamizar
  • Date: Wed Aug 09 00:26:06 1995

The good news is the the route flap reports are up again.  The bad
news for statistics fans is that while the reporting was down due to a
disk crash, the machine that was thought to be still collecting raw
data was switched to peer with a different router and was confused and
declared all the BGP updates invalid for the entire (nearly a month)
period.

People with unstable routing signed up for the reports should start
getting them again starting in an hour or less.

Since my last message I got a lot of "what are these reports anyway"
messages.  Please see:

    ftp://ftp.ans.net/pub/info/routing-stats/daily-reports/README

I just updated the README file a bit.

For those that receive these, I'd like to take a poll.  It appears
that routing stability has improved since these reports first began.
The previous criteria for reporting a network as "unstable" was 50
changes per day for a single prefix or a down time of 1 hour.  I've
just changed this to 20 changes and 15 minutes down time.  I'd like to
know if this is too sensitive after running for a while.

Curtis