Re: ATM thruput

  • From: Dave Siegel
  • Date: Wed Aug 02 22:30:54 1995

> Gosh, but who would be interested in T1 access into a NAP,
> unless their arm was being twisted via some financial
> arrangement into being at a NAP-of-little-current-value?  ;->
>
> (Except maybe someone sold on the idea that bringing a T1
> into a NAP is a good way to get global connectivity...)

There are some foreign backbone providers that want to connect into one
of the US NAP's at T1 speeds...they still would need to buy transit, though,
generally speaking, but I don't know that they understand this.

Dave

--
Dave Siegel			Director of Engineering, Network 99, Inc.
http://www.net99.net/		(602)249-1083 Network Ops