Re: EP.NET ???

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Mon Jul 31 10:37:59 1995
  • Posted-date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 06:37:27 -0700 (PDT)

> > It would be much more helpfull the the interfaces that faces the NAP
> > and another provider where following each providers naming
> > conventions, and had a domain-name that would point the users to the
> > organisation that actually operates the boxes.
> >

> I would tend to agree with this.  I've had a number of customers ask me
> "what the heck is this ep.net?"

No argument with either of these premises.  However, there are some
who don't have a clue and are attaching.  They don't know what name
they want and so this provides a default.  The default can be changed
at any time.  I don't have to make up some arbitrary name, and the
link gets identified.

The posting was to let others know what was occuring and why.

People are encouraged to use FQDN's from thier own zones.
If they can't or won't, this is a default.

--bill