Re: EP.NET ???

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Sat Jul 29 13:54:46 1995

> However I also have trouble seeing why any ISP would willingly decline to
> register it's boxes in the DNS.  I fully agree with PL that introducing
> EP.NET into this is value- subtraction, in that it will just add unneeded
> confusion.

And worse, allows someone to think they're doing the 'right thing'  because
my tax money sez that's the way to go.

There's another value-subtracted service offered to IXers by this kind
service.  "The block 198.32.0.0/16 is set aside for numbering exchange
points.  The block is listed to ISI. Specific sub-delegations can be made as
needed."  Nice way to break aggregation, create an extra route, ...

randy