Re: NEW POLICY ON INTERNET DOMAIN NAMES

  • From: David J. Schmidt
  • Date: Fri Jul 28 15:27:55 1995

   Date: Fri, 28 Jul 95 09:19:42 PDT
   From: "Roy Engehausen" <[email protected]>

   Just a lurker normally but how about using product/services as a
   qualifer?  Examples:  ibm.computers.com att.telephone.com
   specialized.bicycles.com cisco.networks.com?

   Roy

I like this one!  It not only deepens the name space but can provide
some additional (read "advertising") to the user, making it an easier
proposal to sell.

For example, I would not want to loose ior.com, but I would be more
willing to use ior.isp.com than ior.spk.wa.us (geographic).

It shouldn't be too difficult to have your company listed under
multiple product/service categories if your company covers more than
one.

--
A man isn't a man until he has to meet a payroll.   -- Ivan Shaffer

[email protected]  Internet On-Ramp, Inc.    (509)624-RAMP (7267)
Spokane, Washington            http://www.ior.com/	 (509)622-2866 (fax)