Re: US Domain -- County Delegations

  • From: Jerry Scharf
  • Date: Fri Jul 28 14:22:52 1995

>  Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 00:51:03 -0400
>  From: Curtis Villamizar <[email protected]>
>
>  Is ibm.nyse.com, dec.nyse, mci.nasdaq.com a problem?  This takes the
>  arbitrary decision out of accepting or denying someone access to the
>  .com hierarchy and enforces and already strict naming.

There are two problems I see with this. There are many companies who are
privately held, including billion dollar ones. Also, there are companies
who have certificates traded on more than one trading place (I know of
Japan/US situations.)

The more fundamental question is where do you put all the companies that
you are now forcing out of .com?

Jerry