NEW POLICY ON INTERNET DOMAIN NAMES

  • From: Che-Hoo Cheng
  • Date: Fri Jul 28 04:35:13 1995

Sorry for my ignorance.  Can anyone give me more info about this?

>NEW POLICY ON INTERNET ADDRESSES

Should be NEW POLICY ON INTERNET DOMAIN NAMES!!?

>Network Solutions Inc., the computer networking unit of Science
>Applications International Corp., will no longer assign Internet addresses
>on a first-come-first-served basis, if the address represents a trademarked
>name of another company.  If an individual owner of such an address refuses
>to relinquish it, Network Solutions will suspend use of that address.  In
>the past, individuals have registered names such as "mcdonalds.com" without
>owning the trademark to that name.  (Wall Street Journal 7/27/95 B12)

Thanks in advance.

Che-Hoo Cheng                       | Email: [email protected]  or
Data Comms and Networking Section   |        [email protected]
Computer Services Center            | Phone: +852 2609-8848
The Chinese University of Hong Kong | Fax:   +852 2603-5001