New and improved Traceroute

  • From: Ehud Gavron
  • Date: Fri Jul 21 13:24:07 1995

Steffen Baur identified a long-standing bug in traceroute that causes
it to appear to hang on non-returned packets on hosts which received
lots of ICMP traffic.

This fix, as well as some ANSI stuff to make it work on SunOS, Ultrix,
BSDI, (and of course, VMS), have now been integrated.

ftp.aces.com, cd [.software.traceroute], mget *.*, there's a 0_readme.txt
and traceroute.c.

This pretty much completes any of the major fixes I'd planned to do for
this quarter, so unless someone comes up with anything revolutionary to
put in, I won't post another comment for a while...

Ehud
[email protected]