US Domain -- County Delegations

  • From: US Domain Registration
  • Date: Thu Jul 13 19:07:33 1995
  • Posted-date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:28:16 -0700

Hello.

We are planning to delegate every county name as a locality name in each
State.  For example, "Ventura.CA.US", "Dade.FL.US", "Riverside.CA.US".

We are looking for volunteers to support the domain name registration and
provision of name servers for these county domains.  If you are interested
in providing this service please return the template below. For further
information about the US Domain please see RFC 1480.

In the case where only one party requests a county delegation, they
will be given that delegation.  To be fair, where several requests
are made for the same county(ies) those requests will be put in a hat
and selected by lottery.

If a locality name has already been delegated or it is both a city
and county name we will not re-delegate it as a county.

Only full names for counties, spelled out, with hyphens replacing
spaces (e.g., Santa-Monica, or Fort-Collins"), will be considered.

We must have a separate template for each county requested.

It is important that you accurately fill in all the information
requested on the template.  If you alter it in any way, other than
what is specified, it might not be considered.  The data you supply will
also be used to create your WHOIS entry.

Be sure to accurately describe your domain name on the corresponding
description question.

Locality names should be in the following form:

   2. Fully Qualified Domain Name	4. Description of Org/Domain
   ==============================	============================

   VENTURA.CA.US			Ventura, California
   DADE.FL.US				Dade, Florida
   RIVERSIDE.CA.US			Riverside, California

We no longer use Internic NIChandles (Idents). We are creating our
own US Domain Handles. It is important that you complete the
Administrative and Technical contact information in full.  We added an
optional question "7j" for a Registration Request mailbox (i.e,
hostmaster, support, dns-admin).

We will accept all requests up to August 31, 1995.

The current list of locality delegations can be found in the
"us-domain-delegated.txt" file.  For a list of counties in your state
an atlas is a good place to look.

RETRIEVAL OF DELEGATED SUBDOMAINS and CONTACTS

        E-MAIL:  To:  [email protected]
                 (include in message body)
                 Help: us_domain_delegated_domains

Ann Cooper
US Domain Registry

                          US DOMAIN TEMPLATE 		     [7/95]

PLEASE DO NOT ALTER THIS APPLICATION IN ANY WAY.  Fields marked with
an asterisk (*) may be duplicated.

      1.   REGISTRATION TYPE
           (N)ew (M)odify (D)elete..:

      2.*  FULLY-QUALIFIED DOMAIN NAME:

      3.   ORGANIZATION INFORMATION
      3a.  Organization Name.....:
      3b.  Address Line 1........:
      3b.  Address Line 2........:
      3c.  City..................:
      3d.  State.................:
      3e.  Zip/Code..............:

      4.   DESCRIPTION OF ORG/DOMAIN:

      5.   Date Operational......:

      6.   ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT OF ORG/DOMAIN
      6b.  Whole Name............:
      6c.  Organization Name.....:
      6d.  Address Line 1........:
      6d.  Address Line 2........:
      6e.  City..................:
      6f.  State.................:
      6g.  Zip/Code..............:
      6h.* Voice Phone...........:
      6i.* Electronic Mailbox....:
      6j.  FAX Number............:

      7.   TECHNICAL AND ZONE CONTACT
      7b.  Whole Name............:
      7c.  Organization Name.....:
      7d.  Address Line 1........:
      7d.  Address Line 2........:
      7e.  City..................:
      7f.  State.................:
      7g.  Zip/Code..............:
      7h.* Voice Phone...........:
      7i.* Electronic Mailbox....:
      7j.* Registration Mailbox..:
      7j.  FAX Number............:

      8.   PRIMARY SERVER: HOSTNAME, NETADDRESS
      8j.  Hostname..............:
      8k.* IP Address ...........:

      9. * SECONDARY SERVER: HOSTNAME, NETADDRESS
      9a.* Hostname..............:
      9b.* IP Address............:

^L
                           DISCLAIMER

By the registration of your name on the Internet, the IANA, the
InterNIC, Network Solutions Inc., the University of Southern
California, and the National Science Foundation are accepting in good
faith that you have the right to the use the name.

The IANA and InterNIC/Network Solutions' function in registering names
on the Internet is to assure that the name does not conflict with any
other name in the name space requested.

The user by its registration and use of the name and/or their
continued use of an existing name, agrees, as part of their request
for name registration, to indemnify and hold harmless from any and all
costs, fees, expenses arising from litigation involving trademark,
trade name, service mark, and any other name infringements, or other
reasons, the IANA, the InterNIC, Network Solutions Inc., the
University of Southern California, and the National Science
Foundation.

The party requesting registration of this name certifies that to
her/his knowledge, the use of this name does not violate trademark or
other statutes.

Registering a domain name does not confer any legal rights to that
name and any disputes between parties over the rights to use a
particular name are to be settled between the contending parties using
normal legal methods (See RFC 1591).