RADB cleanup - route objects with obsolete peers in advisory lists

  • From: Brian Renaud
  • Date: Mon Jun 12 17:24:08 1995

Some of the route objects in the RADB registry contain advisory lists which
specify non-existant peers.  (Many of these entries became incorrect
when the NSFNET routers were shut down at the end of April.)

We have produced a list of these route objects, which you can obtain
via the web page:

        http://www.ra.net/routing.arbiter/RA/RADB.tools.docs/problems.html

or, for those that prefer just ftp:

        ftp.ra.net:routing.arbiter/radb/problems/*.badav
        ftp.ra.net:routing.arbiter/radb/problems/*.badav.gz

We would prefer not to modify your data.  However, these entries
need to be revised.  On June 23, we will modify the advisory
lines of any route objects in the RADB with references to non-existant
peers.  (The references to the peers will be removed and the preferences
renumbered.)

Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about
this.

-Brian