Re: Draft internic ip allocation doc

  • From: Jeremy Porter
  • Date: Fri May 19 16:26:41 1995

>> What's being asked for here is what a lot of businesses might consider
>> proprietary or trade secret type information.  There are few secrets on the
>> Internet, we all know, once the network is in place, but plans for expansion
>> and new business ought to be confidential until the day the circuit is
>> turned on.
>
>It is the case that several regulatory agencies ask for similar information
>when an organization requests allocation of spectrum.  For example,
>in the US the FCC asks for an "independent" engineering review  for several
>classes of spectrum allocation.
>
>peter

The Internic(s) has no legal status as a regulatory agency.  Specificly
seeing as no one owns the Internet to regulate it, this is a completely
bogus point.

|  Jeremy Porter (512)-339-6094 Freeside Communications, Inc. [email protected]  |
|  [email protected]  (512)-339-4466 (data) P.O. Box 530264 Austin, TX 78753    |