Re: PRDB Retirement next Monday, May 8

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Wed May 03 01:32:51 1995

On Mon, 1 May 1995 20:20:22 -0400 you said:
>WILL YOU BE AUTHORIZED TO UPDATE THE RADB AFTER MAY 8?
>
>Under the old NACR/PRDB system, each AS maintained a list of "valid
>requestors" who could make routing changes for that AS.  Under the new
>Route object/RADB system, each network has an Origin AS ("Home AS"); the
>individuals who can make routing changes for that AS's networks are
>listed in the Maintainer object for that AS.  Initial versions of
>Maintainer objects were created from the PRDB "valid requestor"
>information on February 1, and many more Maintainer objects have been
>added to the RADB since then.  Thus it is very likely that your
>authorization in the RADB has already been established.  If you have
>successfully submitted a NACR since February 1, then you are already
>authorized to submit Route objects for that AS.

The RADB has my entry as follows:

mntner:      MAINT-AS378
descr:       ILAN
admin-c:     Hank Nussbacher
tech-c:      Hank Nussbacher
upd-to:      [email protected]
auth:        MAIL-FROM [email protected]
mnt-by:      MAINT-AS378
changed:     [email protected] 940302
source:      RADB

The RIPE DB has my entry as follows:

mntner:    AS378-MNT
descr:     ILAN
upd-to:    [email protected]
mnt-nfy:   [email protected]
auth:      CRYPT-PW somecryptstring
mnt-by:    AS378-MNT
admin-c:   Hank Nussbacher
tech-c:    Hank Nussbacher
changed:   [email protected] 941122
source:    RIPE

I would assume that everyone in Europe has updated their mntner
object and customized as they please.  Now we have to do it again?
Couldn't the RADB just copy all the mntner objects as listed in RIPE?

>							--Dale Johnson
>							  Merit/RA

Thanks,
Hank Nussbacher