Re: May COOK Report Published tonight (fwd)

  • From: Karl Denninger, MCSNet
  • Date: Mon May 01 13:57:46 1995

> I hope this is a road they never try to go down.
>
> Joseph Stroup
>
> On Sun, 30 Apr 1995, Michael Dillon wrote:
>

> > I wonder how many of you have heard about the CIX plans to become THE
> > Internet routing arbiter and in other ways replace the former NSFNet?
> > Is there any serious possibility of their plans coming to fruition?

This is a road that, should the CIX attempt to travel, it will be met with
extremely high resistance from people like myself.

You don't even want to think about the restraint of trade issues if a trade
association tries to set itself up as a RA or NIC and demands money for
membership to receive those services.

Karl Denninger ([email protected])| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
Modem: [+1 312 248-0900]     | (shell, PPP, SLIP, leased) in Chicagoland
Voice: [+1 312 248-8649]     | 7 POPs online through Chicago, all 28.8
Fax: [+1 312 248-9865]       | Email to "[email protected]" for more information
ISDN: Surf at Smokin' Speed  | WWW: http://www.mcs.net, gopher: gopher.mcs.net