Re: Has PSI been assigned network 1?

  • From: Steve Heimlich
  • Date: Sun Apr 30 22:24:34 1995

Tony,

>    Vadim, I thought that ANS was still using CNSSes and ENSSes, which I don't
>    believe that Cisco built. Please let me know if I have misunderstood your
>    statement here.
>
> I believe that the relevant point here is that NSSes are not
> commercially available to the general public.  They certainly seem to

True.

> require care and feeding above and beyond the level that most ISPs
> seem interested in providing.  How many Curtis' can we clone?

Actually, the NSSes do just fine with a minimum of care, particularly
with respect to the amount of care and feeding we give to other
gear.  Part of this is sure to be due to application rather than
quality of any particular equipment, of course.  If I recall
correctly, I think we typically do a couple NSS routing software
builds per year and a couple base software builds per year as
needed.

As we see things change in the future, however, so do we.

Steve