Re: Has PSI been assigned network 1?

  • From: Michael F. Nittmann
  • Date: Fri Apr 28 15:14:02 1995

well, I meant of course calculating routes and routing (user,
payload, actual usage) traffic, not announcing tables.

how about: one cpu for doing topology( including receiving and sending
data related to that task), and (while <value of one> smaller than
enough) one++ for doing traffic
over that topology (where again traffic is 'user' traffic, not only and
not excluding route announcements).

.... sorry that ny phrase cited below was not mathematically, logically,
or legally a one-one expression. ( anyways, the inverse would be then no
outdated monolithic design is not one cpu does nothing, right?)

                      ... yes, <value of enough> is
probably time limited approximated but never reached

 Mike  (enjoying the fact that it is FRIDAY)

.............still like the thread header! since someone complained (was
that on this list here?), nobody dares transiting this discussion to a
new thread.  ;-)

On Fri, 28 Apr 1995 [email protected] wrote:

> > I agree that one cpu does all is outdated monolithic design.
> > Even hub vendors have two: one for hubbing, one for snmp and rmon.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> The existing route servers do this now...  One CPU to compute routes and
> then we forward the tables to ISP peers.
>

> --bill

Michael F. Nittmann                                             [email protected]
Network Architect						[email protected]
B3 Corporation, Marshfield, WI (CIX Member)               (715) 387 1700 xt. 158
US Cyber (SM), Washington DC				  (715) 573 2448
							  (715) 831 7922