Re: Has PSI been assigned network 1?

  • From: Karl Denninger, MCSNet
  • Date: Fri Apr 28 11:28:29 1995

>    The equipment available today is designed foolishly --
>   route update processing and actual packet processing should NEVER be done by
>   the same CPU -- but it is -- and as such you're dead when this happens.
>
> Lest anyone believe this, it's bullshit.
>
> Karl just buys low end gear and then complains because it's not high
> end gear.
>
> Tony

I suppose that a 7000 with a SSP is considered "low end" gear then?

It was *Vadim* who was complaining about CPU usage on your boxes, not me.

Karl Denninger ([email protected])| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
Modem: [+1 312 248-0900]     | (shell, PPP, SLIP, leased) in Chicagoland
Voice: [+1 312 248-8649]     | 7 POPs online through Chicago, all 28.8
Fax: [+1 312 248-9865]       | Email to "[email protected]" for more information
ISDN: Surf at Smokin' Speed  | WWW: http://www.mcs.net, gopher: gopher.mcs.net