Re: Why Vadim likes statics

  • From: Eric M. Carroll
  • Date: Mon Apr 24 11:41:26 1995

> So we end up with a few possible outcomes (there are more...)

How about aggregates as pullups. This both makes a pseudo-static and a flap
dampener.

I also really like Curtis' work - I think it needs to be added to BGP4
(BGP5?)  as a part of the RFC...

The overall objective is that the the father away in the topology you
are, the less "meaningful" those flaps are. So damp them in some
distance proportional manner (AS path length?) as they move in across
the Internet.

Eric Carroll	University of Toronto Network & Operations Services
		External Networking Facilities Management