Re: Operations training materials

  • From: Ken Waugh
  • Date: Sun Apr 23 13:33:48 1995

> > I point them at http://www.isoc.org, http://www.merit.edu,
> > http://www.ripe.net and http://www.internic.net but they still have to go
> > rooting around in there looking for the key items in a mass of
> > information that is of lesser utility. There is no map! The source
> > documents are nice to have, but without a map you don't even know if you
> > are looking at the right ones!
>
> OK folks, I'll step to the plate (sorta :)
> I'll host the site on my website (v-site.net) and act as the co-ordinator,
> evaluator, since I haven't climbed completely out of the learning curve
> I should be a good evaluator :)
>
> Currently I'm reading this book called "Routing on the Internet" by
> Christian Huitema, it's not bad and will explain Interior Routing Protocols
> pretty well, it even has a chapter on "policy based routing" but obviously
> it is incomplete, still It's a start.

Hello all,

Somehow I'm aliased on this thread, This is one time I'm glad of it
though. I seem to fit alot of the descriptions you've used for newer
network operators. I'd like to be kept informed of any new info I could
read to make me better at my job. What I've read today (sources of) will
keep me busy for some time I suspect.

Thanks again.
Ken Waugh

 | Ken Waugh--> [email protected]   "Flying  | on ___the | internet."  |
 | [email protected] (BBN Planet S.E.)          |___/ooo\___|             |
 | "And what would you do," the Master said unto the magnitude,      |
 |  "if God spoke directly to your face and said, 'I command you     |
 |    to be happy, as long as you live.' What would you do then?"    |
 |  And the magnitude was silent...  From Illusions by Richard Bach  |