POSTPONED - NSFNET configuration

  • From: Elise Gerich
  • Date: Fri Apr 21 02:39:16 1995

Due to the number off changes that had to be made in the
configuraton files for Friday, April 21, 1995, some
of the files grew so large that they would truncate
during production producing corrrupt configuration files.

At this time of the evening/morning we do not have
confidence that we will be able to have complete and
correct configuration files produced in time for the
normal configuration window.  We are thereby postponing
the Friday, April 21 configuration until Saturday.

This means that the discontinuation of the NSFNET
service that was planned for Friday, April 21 at
0900 EDT is also postponed.  We anticipate rescheduling
the test for Monday, April 24, and will notify the
community of more concrete plans by 1300 EDT on Friday,
April 21.

         --Elise