Re: Has PSI been assigned network 1?

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Thu Apr 20 14:02:36 1995

>There is no intention of "replacing distributed computation"
>with this. Do not confuse the Routing Registry with Route Servers.

Routing Registry w/o means to enforce won't be able to keep
a resemblance of accurate data (not with the modus operandi of
most providers in US).

The only feasible way to enforce it now is to use RS.

RS does not support policies we need now.

Hence it will be used for a very limited set of applications.

Ergo, most of data in RR will be inaccurate and out of date.

>Although the registry "box is not controlled by the service providers",
>the content is!

If RS breaks down and takes my operations with it what my
management going to say?

"Could the network work without it?"
"Yes."
"Then take it away from our configurations NOW!"

--vadim