Re: Has PSI been assigned network 1?

  • From: John G. Scudder
  • Date: Wed Apr 19 00:29:12 1995

At 8:50 PM 4/18/95, Vadim Antonov wrote:
>> We don't trust our peers.  We only accept routes which they are
>> registered as providing transit for in the PRDB.  When the RADB is in
>> use, unless PSI has a route object for 1.0.0.0/8 in the RADB, we still
>> won't trust them when they try to pass us 1/8.
>
>Curtis, you are able to do that only because all others were
>legally bound to fill your database.
>
>I'm not sure people will be spending their resources on
>populating database for somebody else's benefit.

Then again, I'm not sure that people will be spending their resources
exchanging routing information with people who allow junk into their
routing.  (To put it another way, spending resources troubleshooting other
people's brain damage.)

What AS690 does is not just bureaucratic silliness.  It's also enlightened
self-interest (as Curtis keeps saying).  If enough people have the sense to
want to protect themselves, the Routing Registry will fly.

--John