Re: loose source route

  • From: Hans-Werner Braun
  • Date: Thu Mar 30 12:02:58 1995

I wonder by how much the problem could be reduced as such, if service
providers (including campus service providers) would have accessible
servers about network status information, being kept current by some
local NOC. Such as outages, marginal operation, even planned outages
(such as maintenange updates). May be I could send a query to a server
at NOC.NERSC.GOV that may answer the question I have, without my
having to pester humans. I for one would prefer that also compared to
spontaneous email being sent around in case of outages. May be as an
extension to the previously mentioned client/server model? Of course
there are details of a query language (how to ask questions) and
so...