Re: Internic address allocation policy

  • From: John A. Russo - Geonet Communications
  • Date: Mon Mar 20 01:49:05 1995

I for one, think that this resource would be less "scarce" if it were
not free.

As an ISP who has and is investing substantial sums of money in our
operation, I cannot afford to be put out of business due to lack of IP
addresses.

Speaking for my company and its customers, we would be more than willing
to pay for IP space if we could be assured of getting it when we need
it to service our customers!

Hopefully, a market approach to assigning IP space would take into
account large blocks and Class B's being held and not used at all.  I
happen to know of a small high tech company in Silicon Valley that holds
more than one class B, and could barely spell Internet last year when
we talked to them about attaching.

Kind Regards,

John A. Russo
GeoNet Communications, Inc.