Re: Internic address allocation policy

  • From: ATM_Feel_the_Power
  • Date: Sat Mar 18 18:40:45 1995

It would be a good idea to recover the ip address numbers that have never
been used. I would also suggest that within 90 days of issuance the
numbers must be in service or they are recalled.

I mentioned to the Nic that there are several class B numbers out there
being used as a "status symbol" , not for the purpose stated. All I hear
is lets talk about not and not the past.

For international X.25 services NET-99 required a DNIC number. The FCC
inserts a clause states the following: all DNIC assignments are
provisional and no assignee obtains an ownership or property interest in
a DNIC assignment. As a rseult, the DNIC herein assigned is expressly
subject to possible revocation or reassignment as may be required because
of a shortage of DNIC's or as otherwise required in the public interest.

If you fail to agree, you don't get a number. Throughout the FCC letters
there is a constant mention of "this scarce DNIC resource may necessitate
reassignment of codes not implemented within a six-month period.

Now if the FCC has been doing this I am sure we could work out something
with the Nic.

Joseph Stroup