Re: IP provider performance measurement BOF

  • From: Roger Fajman
  • Date: Mon Mar 06 21:52:34 1995

> I think that this is a great idea, however, I want to stress
> that the appropriate forum for the discussion of _results_
> as opposed to the development of the tools to gather them
> is NOT the IETF, but rather NANOG or IESG.
>
> Any attempt by a WG at IETF to benchmark issues related
> to operations, or to attempt to compare operational aspects
> of ISPs, is something that I will not find particularly friendly.
>
> OTOH, I *would* like to see NANOG and IESG be the place
> to test whatever the WG comes up with and to discuss and
> share results.
>
>        Sean.

Some of us customers would like to see such results too.
They don't have to come from an IETF WG, but it would be
very helpful for them to come from some unbiased source.
Perhaps Scott Bradner has some spare time.  :-)

Roger Fajman                                   Telephone:  +1 301 402 4265
National Institutes of Health                  BITNET:     [email protected]
Bethesda, Maryland, USA                        Internet:   [email protected]