Re: IP provider performance measurement BOF

  • From: Sean Doran
  • Date: Mon Mar 06 20:57:42 1995

I think that this is a great idea, however, I want to stress
that the appropriate forum for the discussion of _results_
as opposed to the development of the tools to gather them
is NOT the IETF, but rather NANOG or IESG.

Any attempt by a WG at IETF to benchmark issues related
to operations, or to attempt to compare operational aspects
of ISPs, is something that I will not find particularly friendly.

OTOH, I *would* like to see NANOG and IESG be the place
to test whatever the WG comes up with and to discuss and
share results.

	Sean.

P.S.: Yes, that's Canadian understatement at work in the
	second paragraph.