Re: PRESENTERS, please upload your stuff

  • From: Curtis Villamizar
  • Date: Wed Feb 15 14:07:50 1995

In message <[email protected]>, Stan Barber writes:
> If you want to upload any machine readable slides, please use anonymous
> ftp to connect to owlman.academ.com and put the files in the incoming
> directory. This directory is special in that you can put things in there,
> but you can't get them back or change them in anyway after you upload them.
>
> Send me mail once you do an upload so I will know what the files are about.
>
> Thanks to Guy Almes for encouraging me to get it fixed! [I thought it was
> still working!]
>
> --
> Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email protected]
> Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: bcm!academ!sob
> Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.

Stan,

You'll find a gzip'd tar file named ans-atm-nap-testing.tar.gz.  If
you gunzip it (I assume you have the GNU gzip and friends) and untar
it you get two directories, nanog-oct-1994 and nanog-feb-1995.  From
your notes, you can reference the file nanog-feb-1995/index.html.

If you prefer to keep this stuff local, you are welcome to do so.
Otherwise, just reference our temporary server.  If you keep the
stuff local, please change the following:

  in the file nanog-feb-1995/atm-nap-progress.html:
    http://tweedledee.ans.net/nanog-feb-1995/atm-nap-progress.html.
    http://tweedledee.ans.net/nanog-oct-1994/ </a>

These are printed references to the full URLs and would need to be
changed.

It's up to you whether you want to keep this local.  I think ANS will
be providing a NOC supported HTTP server for engineering stuff (so we
don't have to engage the marketroids to get something on it like the
current www.ans.net), so you might want to just keep the reference and
change it when we move the stuff rather than keep a local copy.  I'll
leave the choice up to you, so here it is if you want it local.

Curtis