Re: Thank you

  • From: Steve Goldstein
  • Date: Mon Feb 06 14:21:17 1995

Valery,

Just when I think that I understand things, I find out how little I know,
or how little I should trust my instincts.  I'll try to translate some
North American idioms for you below.  Anyway, MSU's difficulty should be
finished now.

--Steve

At 12:13 PM 2/06/95, Sean Doran wrote:
>Actually, what happened in this case was a typo in a filter
>list on icm-dc-1 which blocked the announcement from the Dante
>4000.
>
>One or more of us here is at fault for accidentally
>adjusting things in the wrong way.  Chalk up another round
>to fat finger syndrome...
    ^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^   = bad typing mistakes (from fat fingers)

>Some automation for updating some
>of AS 1800's configuration is in the works, so hopefully
                               ^^ ^^^ ^^^^^ = in progress

>this won't be a recurring problem after that's done.
>
>We did have some difficulty in tracking this down initially,
>as we had no idea who should have been announcing AS 3058
>routes to AS 1800, and the filter-list appeared good at
>first glance.
>
>Dante looked into things on their end over the past couple
>of days, and informed us that they were announcing things to us
>OK and that things looked OK on the Dante 4000 in D.C., and asked
>us to re-check the filter list.
>
>Sure enough, they were right, and the 120 line filter-list
>had a botch near the end.
       ^^^^^ = mistake

>This was fixed this morning (D.C. time) and routing in this
>case seems to be working OK.
>
>A note went out to the people directly involved earlier
>today.
>
>        Sean.
>- --
>Sean Doran <[email protected]> / <[email protected]>

  Steven N. Goldstein

  Program Director, Interagency & International Networking Coordination
  Div. of Networking and Communications Research & Infrastructure
  National Science Foundation
  4201 Wilson Boulevard, Room 1175
  Arlington, VA  22230
  Tel: +1-703-306-1949 (Extension 1119)