Re: Test Route

  • From: Cengiz Alaettinoglu
  • Date: Tue Jan 31 14:33:06 1995
  • Posted-date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 10:29:43 -0800

Paul Traina ([email protected]) on January 30:
> If, for instance, someone at Sprint and someone at MCI get together and
> decide jointly that they want to share network 10 "privately" for their
> BGP loopbacks or their porno FTP servers, they could form the Sprint/MCI
> net-10 consortium and you'd need to carry an advertisement for net 10 in
> your RA database so the two sites could exchange routes.
>
> Here's where the fun comes in... now say Alternet and PSI get together and
> want to share network 10 "privately" for their BGP loopbacks or their
> porno FTP sites and form the Alternet/PSI net-10 consortium...

Interesting.

Actually, RA route servers can handle this situation as we speak. RA
RSs maintain a view per peer. In the view for Alternet, one would
install the route from PSI and would not install the routes from
Sprint and MCI. (In the view for sprint, install MCI's route and do
not install Alternet's and PSI's, etc.)

Of course, we need policies to do this.

Cengiz

--
Cengiz Alaettinoglu       Information Sciences Institute
Voice: (310) 822-1511     University of Southern California