Re: Tentative NANOG agenda

  • From: Curtis Villamizar
  • Date: Mon Jan 30 21:09:15 1995

Susan,

Nice agenda.  Two small comments.

In message <[email protected]>, "Susan R.
Harris" writes:
>                  MCInet                               Sean Doran
>                  SprintLink                           Jack Waters

Gee, I wanted to do MCInet and SprintLink.  :-)  Are you sure the
speakers aren't reversed?

>  11:15 a.m.  Route Flap Damping Algorithm             Curtis Villamizer

On the more serious side -

I thought that the original topic brought up be Sean was "Route Flap
Considered Harmful - Very Harmful", which I didn't want to touch
because I didn't want to get sucked into a big statistics project.
I was volunteered to present the route flap dampenning work, but I
thought we would have someone talk about the why we think this problem
is getting so out of control and what immediate things might be done
about it.

At the meeting we will be proposing a technical solution without first
stating the problem, let alone justifying that something really does
need to be done about it.  This doesn't seem to fit in all that well
with an operational meeting, but I'll gladly make the presentation if
anyone thinks it is worth attending.

Curtis

btw- if possible, please have wb running and a way to project it at
the meeting.