Re: Agenda suggestions?

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Wed Jan 25 18:34:12 1995

smd> This dovetails into the new religion that doing BGP or other
smd> dynamic routing with singly-homed customers is a bad idea,
smd> even for policy or political reasons.

Hm. If it a new religion, will you nominate me for the Prophet? :-)

Another thing we really need from router manufacturers is
_persistent_ static routes by default.  The current behaviour
of one rather popular brand of routers (name witheld to protect
the guilty) is to remove routes if the associated circuit goes
down.  We need to change it to have packets to go to the bit
bucket instead, and make the old behaviour be configurable
with an explicit knob.

--vadim