Re: February Meeting

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Thu Dec 15 11:16:15 1994
  • Posted-date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 08:15:38 -0800 (PST)

> Tim,
>   I agree with your call for co-locating/coordinating the conferences.  I
> believe that the NANOG community will be able to positively influence the
> ISoc conference agenda, content, and sense of reality.
> 	-- Guy

There seems to be a smallish problem here.

	ISoc Ops  is not  NANOG

NANOG is targeted (per Charter)  for North American specific issues,
including interaction w/ other Operational groups (like IEPG and EOF).

IEPG seems to be chartered for global operations coordination.

EOF seems to be targeted for European specific issues, including
interaction w/ other Operational groups (like IEPG and NANOG)

Not having seen the ISoc Ops charter nor program, it seems a bit
presumptious to co-opt them into a NA focus group w/o any input
from the ISoc folks running the show.

That said, I concur w/ Guys statments.

--bill