Re: ATM Utility

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Tue Nov 08 15:11:49 1994

>Wide-area DS-3 ATM service can often be cost effective because:
>
>o       The number of DS-3 local loops is often reduced
>
>        [For example, three DS-3s connecting three sites require
>        six local loops, while three DS-3 ATM connections require only
>        three local loops.]
>
>o       DS-3 ATM pricing seems to typically be distance-insensitive.

The same applies to wide-area native IP network.  My point is that
native IP is more cost-effective than IP-over-ATM.

--vadim

DISCLAIMER  The statement(s) above represent my personal opinion(s) ONLY
            and in no way should be interpreted as position(s) of
            my present and/or former employers.  This message is NOT and
            is NOT intended to be an offical statement or presentation
            by Sprint and/or any other organization.