Re: SF NAP Status

  • From: Curtis Villamizar
  • Date: Sat Oct 15 01:01:03 1994

In message <[email protected]>, Frank Liu writes:

> Curtis,
>
> MCInet and ANS are doing some throughput test which is a very high level
> performance test. We can do some perfrmance
> test when the link to the PacBell lab is ready. Looking forward to listening
> to your presentation at NANOG.
>
> Frank

Frank,

You might consider using packet sources with relatively constant
interpacket spacing to be high level, but we have seen that it is
entirely possible to do very well in such tests and then fail
miserably under an actual traffic load.

If you are interested in previewing (comments welcome), the
preliminary results and content of my discussion next Monday (slides
and annotation) now have a
temporary home</a>.  :-)
It will move so please don't reference any URLs.

Curtis