Peer sessions changed and lose

  • From: Michael A. Patton
  • Date: Fri Sep 23 15:04:45 1994

Steves: (I can never quite remember which of you is which :-)

Sometime during the night (I assume when the most recent update was
done), the NSFnet peer sessions with the DSI changed.  Specifically,
the metric for 140.222 is now 127.  This value prevents us from
readvertising that number to any of our customer sites.  Several of
them are multi-homed and use that advertisement in doing their default
route selection.  Since, for that reason, it only affects customers
who have alternate paths, it is not critical, but we would appreciate
if you could correct it at your earliest convenience.

            __
  /|  /|  /|  \     Michael A. Patton, Network Analyst
 / | / | /_|__/     Defense Simulation Internet
/  |/  |/  |atton   Bolt Beranek and Newman