Re: Sprint NAP Status

  • From: Tim Streater
  • Date: Fri Sep 23 14:50:45 1994

At 20:02 23/09/94, Farooq Hussain wrote:
>Sprint NY NAP Status
>
>At this time (9/23/94) Sprint's NAP is ready to accept customers. MCI and ANS
>are fully connected to the NAP and are ready exchange traffic with each other
>and other NSPs once appropriate peering agreements have been concluded.

Farooq,

Thanks for the update. One question I have about the NAPs is, is there
anything in the NAP setup/agreement/whatever that precludes an NSP, present
at the NAP, from accepting customer (i.e. *its* customers) connections to
its router at the NAP location. Stated another way, can an NSP present at
the NAP treat the NAP location as just another PoP?

Thanks,

Tim Streater, DANTE.    [email protected]   +44 223 302992