Re: if the owner of MAE-EAST can drop me a note....

  • From: Stephen Wolff
  • Date: Wed Sep 21 13:52:08 1994

> As a new member of the group I would agree with Mike. I like the fact
> that there is no one owner at the MAE. He does have a suggestion inserted
> in the reply.. A meeting. The technical people I have spoken with are top
> shelf all the way. At MAE east you have some of the best talent
> available. Together these people can solve problems. I for one would not
> like to see the label "NAP" attached to MAE East. Customers have
> expressed concern over this. All in all the thought of find a solution to
> the NSF problem is something NET99 would support.

Probably don't even need a meeting.  Nobody speaks for the participants
in MAE-East.  Nobody speaks for the customers of the DC NAP.  Looks like
we just let 'em all alone to make whatever peering arrangements seem
appropriate, trusting that a universally-shared belief is that greater
connectivity is better than less (where "better" means "more pleasing to
my customers").  -s