Re: Comments

  • From: Andrew Partan
  • Date: Mon Sep 12 14:09:30 1994

> I tried to keep it clear, although it can be very confusing.  As a point
> of clarification, is the RIPE engine at mae-e a registry or server?
> (feel free to jump right in here martin/tony)

Which RIPE engine?  I think that there may be two - a whois server
(which runs off of the RIPE database) and a route server.

Both of these are actually applications of the registry - the whois
server is a way of querying the registry; the route server is a more
specialized application.

[I think that the RIPE folks are off at a meeting this week...]
	[email protected] (Andrew Partan)