INTRO TO NSFNET-CERT

  • From: Steven J. Richardson
  • Date: Fri Jul 01 16:55:14 1994

NSFNET-CERT members:

  PLEASE DO NOT SEND UNSUBSCRIBE MESSAGES TO "[email protected]".
MESSAGES WILL BE SENT TO SOME SUBLISTS WITH THE SUBJECT "HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE"...

  Please bear with me; it seems that my earlier communication was not as
clear as it could have been.

  WHAT IS THIS LIST ANYWAY?
answer.  For the same reason, setting the "from" field to
[email protected] doesn't seem to be as attractive an option
as it would normally be.

  Second, the list on merit.edu is a list of other lists, some of which
are at other sites:

nsfnet-cert:
 [email protected],
 [email protected] (Ken Paquette),
 [email protected],
 [email protected] (Mary Hageman),
 [email protected] (D.Ashton-Reader),
 [email protected] (Tim McKee),
 [email protected],			<<  You are probably
 [email protected],			<<  on one of these lists
 [email protected],	<<  if the list name
 [email protected],			<<  doesn't seem familiar.
 [email protected],		<<  These lists are
 [email protected],			<<  NOT located on merit.edu
 [email protected],				<<  so I can't take you off.
 merit-cert,		# some local Merit people
 regional-techs,	# Regional/Midlevel Technicians
 ntc,			# NSFNET technical committee
 nsfnet-mgmt		# NSFNET managers; NSF-types, etc.

  If you are a "regional tech" (a technical person who works in one of
the adjacent ASs of AS 690, the NSFNET/ANSnet backbone), then you
probably understand that this list could be useful.

  If you are not, then you are probably on one of the exploders
indicated by the "<<" in the above listing.

  NOTE:  I cannot take you off of the lists indicated by "<<" above.

  Thanks,

  Steve Richardson/Merit