Re: ISP's who where affected by the misconfiguration: start using IRR and checking your BGP updates (Was: YouTube IP Hijacking)

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Mon Feb 25 02:57:17 2008

At 12:13 AM 25-02-08 +0100, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

For us who actually have customers we care about, we probably find it better for business to try to make sure our own customers can't announce prefixes they don't own, but accept basically anything from the world that isn't ours.

You are a distinct minority. My experience has shown that most ISPs don't give a sh*t about filtering what their customers can announce so what has happened, will continue to happen.

-Hank