Re: Boeing's Connexion announcement

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Sun Oct 15 22:13:42 2006

On Oct 14, 2006, at 8:36 PM, Roland Dobbins wrote:

On Oct 14, 2006, at 5:32 PM, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

Such a service would probably only make sense for transcon U.S. flights, where the lack of connectivity can be noticed. And on those routes (at least the airline that I fly) I have about half a dozen or so EmPowered choices each day between, say, Atlanta and Los Angeles.
I think a hotspot-like monthly pass option for flights of any duration would receive strong uptake, were the service ubiquitous, which will require near-universal availability of power in economy- class cabins, IMHO.
All that is needed is for there to be coverage in economy cabins equipped with EmPower, such as transcon 767-400 and 777.