Re: VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Fri Jul 09 17:13:44 2004

The window to be notified and respond probably just shrunk by an
enormous factor. Everything is hijackable.
I wasn't aware you got a notification upon hijack...

You may... you may not. If you don't its definitely a hijack. If you did and you were able to prevent it, its not a hijack. It really depends on the registrar I think.

As far as cancelling domains purchased with jacked credit cards... Verisign doesn't get a refund from ICANN or whoever if the domain is cancelled after the first two weeks or something... so why should Verisign cancel the domain when it helps their total-domains-registered rankings and THEY had to pay for it.

DJ