RE: Clueless service restrictions (was RE: Anti-spam System Idea)

  • From: Alex Bligh
  • Date: Tue Feb 17 17:25:59 2004

--On 17 February 2004 16:10 -0600 "Chen, Weijing" <[email protected]> wrote:

Sound like an any to any end to end signaling/control mechanism with
authentication capabilities.  Smell fishy (packet version of dial tone?)
Since when had dialtone got end-to-end signalling/control? My POTS line
doesn't run C7/SS7. I mean authentication as in scp (and not tftp). IE
one end user authorizes the other end user, using whatever credentials
they like.

Alex