Fwd: Re: Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt?

  • From: Jason Forester
  • Date: Thu Oct 25 19:36:05 2001

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt?
Cc: [email protected], [email protected]

Chris,

As the message says, this is not an attack of any kind. It is a system which collects metrics for our Footprint Content Delivery System.

The system is attempting to determine the closest servers to your network, to provide good service to your customers when they download from Footprint customers such as Microsoft.

I'm sure you will get a response from [email protected] very shortly, but I wanted to allay your fears quickly. There is no attack.

- jason