Re: inter-NOC communications (was:Re: Definition of Congestion)

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Mon Jan 31 18:44:11 2000

On 01/31/00, dave o'leary <[email protected]> wrote:

> Attempts to "standardize" inter-NOC communication happened a couple of
> times in the early 90's in the IETF, but it got too ugly, with too many
> barriers (basically people not wanting to expose dirty laundry).  I fear
> that attempts to do so now when the providers are *really* competing with
> each other (as opposed to back in the old daze when we were all
> friends :-) will suffer the same fate, other than on a pairwise basis between
> NOCs that cooperate well with each other anyway.

	Those of us who are willing to communicate with each other
	should go ahead and write up a BCP, because the folks who're
	scared to admit that they're fallible won't follow it anyway.

  | "One computer is a problem.  A computer network is a large problem.  |
  |  The internet is the world's largest problem."                       |
  |                                   -- Douglas Warren                  |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----