Re: *** MAKE [email protected] DIE FAST!!! *** (fwd)

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Thu Aug 22 11:41:04 1996

> Even if I wanted to do this, I don't think I could take the performance
> hit running an access list that large on my incoming ports would create.
>
> I think in order to be able to handle that kind of filtration, he must
> be an insignificant smaller provider.  A larger provider doesn't have
> the spare cycles in the router to handle it.
>
> Owen

Yes, it's be much easier to just filter smtp from 38/8.
I don't think anyone with customers could actually do it, though...

And Interramp customers would eventually figure out that just about
any SMTP server out there can be used as a reflector.

Better, I guess, to continue pressuring PSI to eliminate the scum.

But aren't Interramp customers now owned by Mindspring?

Avi